L’Aquàrium de Barcelona is one of the most fascinating attractions in Barcelona and a great one for all the family. Boasting Europe’s only Oceanarium, you can see over 11,000 animals, 450 different species, walk through an underwater tunnel and see live feedings and shark divers. Look out for some of the star species, such as giltheads, moray eels, ocean sunfish, rays and the sand tiger shark and the sandbar shark.
- Europe’s only Oceanarium
- Underwater tunnel to walk with the sharks
- 14 different themed aquariums, from Mediterranean, to the Tropical Coral Reef
- Jewels of the Sea Exhibition
Did you know
- The Oceanarium contains over 4million litres of water
- The Great Barrier Reef in Australia isn’t one single reef, but made up of some 2,000 coastal reefs each measuring 8 km2
- The marine animals in the Mediterranean aquariums eat three times a week and those in the tropical aquariums twice daily
Things to see:
Barcelona’s Aquarium has the largest Mediterranean-themed aquarium in the world, consisting of 14 separate aquariums representing the different marine systems. From the coralline communities, to the shallow sandy coastal community, as well as Spain’s coastline, the Ebro Delta and Medes Islands, you can be sure to discover some amazing sea life. Don’t miss the underwater tunnel where you can see sharks swimming overhead – and maybe even see a diver, or a live feeding!
Jewels of the Sea Exhibition
This permanent exhibition looks at molluscs, but moreover, their use today and in prehistory. It’s their shells that we have used in various forms; from jewellery and decoration, to useful tools and other materials. Learn about the uses of the mollusc shell and how indebted we are to these sea-dwelling invertebrates! See some of the most amazing and exotic shells in this fascinating exhibition.
How to get there:
- Metro: Drassanes (L3), Barceloneta (Line 4)
- Bus: 14, 59, 64, 120, D20, H14, V17
- Train: Barcelona Estació de França
see the: full list of attractions included
|Please check website for season opening hours|
|Monday||10.00 - 19.30|
|Tuesday||10.00 - 19.30|
|Wednesday||10.00 - 19.30|
|Thursday||10.00 - 19.30|
|Friday||10.00 - 19.30|
|Saturday||10.00 - 19.30|
|Sunday||10.00 - 19.30|
|Last Admission: 1 hour before closing|
Loading Map - Please wait...
Moll d'Espanya del Port Vell, s/n, 08039 Barcelona
+34 93 221 7474